The list of compliments paid to me by Anant grew today when I appeared out of the dressing room in the suit I was trying on and he took one look and said (loudly enough so that passersby turned to stare I might add) "No, this is looking not good, you are looking very bad!". This was after I had been looking at the books and heard over the store intercom "There is a little boy named Anant who is looking for his parents"...Also in the store there were other foreigners! I think they were European but they might have spoken english, but by the time I had gotten through the cashier (which included figuring out that, unbeknownst to me or anyone else, the man working the cashier in front of me had decided to take a lunch break and just leave) the foreigners were gone...Oh well.
Also in the mall I bought 2 books, The Zafir by Paulo Coehlo (i just reread The Alchemist last weekend and it was very good) and something I can't remember the name of by Amitav Ghosh. I hope they are good. I have not yet found any shoes I can wear with the suit, nor any replacement sunglasses but those will come. (I need to also buy my mom some suits because, unbeknownst to her, she has to wear them both when we go to Varanasi and when we go to Kullu. Have I mentioned before that my mom is coming? well she is, on February 25. I am very much looking forward to it). Anyway, I also bought a beeyootiful shawl in the local market we went to.
Aunty was buying a sari so I got to go into the sari stores and it was fantastic! I wanted to buy all the clothes and just drape them around my room or something equally ridiculous. But I only bought one shawl, which I like.
So that is my shopping story of today. I also ate a snack from a vendor : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
New Posts!!
Post a Comment