Thursday, January 31, 2008

Field Trip!

Well I have no tales of new humiliations today. But who knows, by the end of the weekend, I might have a slew of them—I am going on a trip to Chitrikut (sp?) until Sunday. Today I have had a day off, and a day off that I knew was a day off at that. So I actually (for the first time) slept in past 8. Until, in fact, Anant came into my room and said “What are you doing” and I said “Sleeping” and he said “I also sleeping” and then both he and Avinash were in my bed as well (school was cancelled today because of the cold).

I spent a lot of the day playing with them, which was nice, plus it was actually sunny this afternoon. Anyway, my main point is that I shall not be posting until at least Sunday because of my trip. We (me and Aunty) are staying with the woman who runs the organization there (it is an organization to help the people of the village…I’m not sure exactly what happens, but I am sure that I will find out). I have been loaned a silk salwar chemise for the occasion, as it is supposed to be even colder there…I am not really complaining about the weather because I did spend a few hours outside in the sun today. Just for the record : )

Other news is that I wore a Sari to the wedding celebration yesterday! Suprabha put it on and then her friend from downstairs came and put it on again and then I was finally deemed presentable. I proceeded to take many pictures of myself preening as everyone else got themselves ready…Which was good because despite the prodigious pinning I still managed to mess things up so that I kept ungracefully stepping on it and then of course making "oops i stepped on it" faces so that anyone who was looking no doubt noticed....but I am undeterred; if someone will agree to put it on again I'd be happy : ) Plus, it was a very nice sari, dark green and gold—actually, I felt a little bit like the statue of liberty. Anyway. I plan to get myself a sari before going home.

That’s all for now. Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to have found this! I'm catching up on all of the earlier posts and stories. I miss you! But am glad that you're doing well and having lots of adventures. Keep writing because I want to keep reading. :)